Subject: [Leica] Collapsible 50mm Elmar and Summicron on M8 M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 01:32:34 -0500

> Rei,
>
> I think it may be a disclaimer in case something goes wrong when
> inserting a lens with some sort of fault. As an example look at the
> end of your Summitar. There are 3 fingers that have slots bent up to
> provide a snug fit to the barrel when the lens is extended. If one of
> these fingers get bent up too far it can hit the shutter in the
> collapsed condition. Just an idea. Also I believe the old collapsible
> 90mm Elmar can hit the shutter.
>
> Len

I'm dying to know how all  you guys have figured this all out!!!
Leica says "don't put the retractable lens in your five thousand dollar
camera or...." so you guys go
 "I bet that's baloney" and do it anyway and then write about it.
What if it WASN'T ok?
One  five thousand dollar camrea off to Solms to have its insides replaced?
I can't figure this out!?!

Just doing it super slow makes it safe? To me it just seems impossible!

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Collapsible 50mm Elmar and Summicron on M8 M9)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Collapsible 50mm Elmar and Summicron on M8 M9)