Subject: [Leica] GF-1 v. EP-2
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:50:40 -0500 (EST)

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

>May I know of some of these non-VR using wildlife/bird photographers,
>so I can see their work, either online or in books? The ones I know
>personally all use stabilised lenses.

Norbert Rosing is a well-known example.  He's primarily using a DMR and
modular APO-Telyts; he also has used Nikon equipment where he felt the
results would be better than with his Leica equipment (in underwater
housings for example).  He's best known for his photos of Polar Bears but
his photo stories of Bald Eagles and of Walruses have appeared in National
Geographic magazine.

http://www.rosing.de/index_e.html

Another is Lawrence Beck, whose Central American hummingbird photos are
fantastic.  His website is in serious need of updating, but he posted
several of his hummingbird photos in this thread:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=766

His website is http://lawrencebeck.com

Beck is also using a DMR and modular APO-Telyt lenses.

IMHO it would be a mistake to assume that because we don't know of anyone
not using stabilized lenses, they don't exist.  I know my knowledge base
isn't universal.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com