Subject: [Leica] cold everywhere
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 07:54:46 -0500

What is that nonsense about cold? Y'all don't know about cold this winter
(that's southern Saratoga-speak). The temperature hereabouts has not once
been above -3 Celsius, 27 F. for close to two weeks and as I write this the
outside air temperature in -20 Celsius, for us lower 48 folks that's -4 F.
but since the wind velocity is only 3km/hr, virtually no 'wind chill' so
it's really spring-like, but I am burning quite a lot of natural gas. And
watching a lot of football. Television-wise. Reminds me of watching Jack
Lemmon in "The Apartment" 40+ years ago. In a Paris cinema, entitled "Le
Garcionnaire" or the guy's-apartment. The film was subtitled and there came
a time when Lemmon uttered a then-current idiom: "well, that's the way the
cookie crumbles". So how do you translate that into French? Or Spanish or
German for that matter? It came out something like "eh bien, c'est la vie"

Stay warm, guys and gals.

Seth

Seth

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] cold everywhere)