Subject: [Leica] Generic M8 batteries
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:11:31 -0700

Frank Dernie writes:

> Hi Chris, My generic batteries did not show fully charged after I had
> charged them. I calibrated the camera to the battery following the
> procedure I found on the Leica web site or Google, which involved leaving
> the camera switched on until the battery was flat (temporarily disabling
> the auto-shutoff, in my case) then re-charging the battery. This worked
> fine on my M8, but they show dead on the M9 :-(

The 1900 mAh batteries I purchased from the Canadian based supplier work
perfectly and show a full charge when put in my M9 after charging them. So
no issues.

Worked pretty good in the minus 35C weather we've been enjoying here until
today too.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/