Subject: [Leica] Some Serious Eye-Candy
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:12:40 -0500

> If you're in the mood for some really dramatic images check this out:
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=2398&View=Results&Rows=4
>
> The link was just forward to me.  After a while all that spectacular-ness
> begins to tire, but there are some astonishing photos in this group.  Many
> looked more representative of excellence in Photoshop processing rather
> than
> photography, but that's OK by me if the results are good.
>
> I was surprised, too, at how many were taken with pro-sumer and lesser
> cameras.  For each of the top of the line Nikons and Canons used, I'd guess
> there were ten D90s, 20Ds and small-sensor cameras represented.  I saw one
> M8
> image in the first 300 (that was as far as I got).
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick

This shot just knocks me out despite looking slightly fakey. I just don't
care I just like it.
http://c.img-dpreview.com/0191648-01.jpg

Turns out to be a stitch.
Second runner up.
At at 16mm with a full frame digital canon 5d.
The camrea which seems to dominate photography right now.

I guess the fakey part is the contrast in the clouds. If it was me I'd just
tone that down by half.

Mark William Rabiner