Subject: [Leica] Flying with canned goods, cabin pressures
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:59:50 +0000

Hi Bill,
I was taught that the reason for the metal fatigue problems oh the Comet was
due to stress raisers caused by excessively square corners in the windows.
Subsequent aircraft had much more radiused window apertures.
I had not realised the cabin pressure was a significant factor in airframe
stresses, I had always thought it was an economy measure...
Something new learned today.
thanks,
Frank