Subject: [Leica] OT: new French films tells my French family's history
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 07:28:58 +0100

One of the images that is included in the FOM II project is this portrait
from 2001 of my uncle Joseph Weismann from Le Mans:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/20.jpg

He still lives in Le Mans, still plays boulles and still enjoys the good
things in life. One of his principal activities in retirement is to be there
for his family, and to speak about the Holocaust and his own experiences as
a survivor to groups, especially children, around France. He was arrested in
1942 along with all other Parisian Jews, separated from his parents and
sisters (all of whom perished in Auschwitz), fled the camp with another
11-year old boy and thus avoided deportation to Poland, and spent the rest
of the war being hidden by people in the Loire valley, where he settled
after the war.

Now a film with a fairly significant budget (?20M or something like that)
has been made about his story:
http://www.larafle-lefilm.com/

It will be out in March. No idea about releases in non-French language
markets, but I am sure they will happen.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu