Subject: [Leica] Layering
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:33:26 -0500

> At 04:46 PM 1/3/2010, you wrote:
>
>>This image might benefit from Tina's layered exposures: I'm trying one
>> out
>>at the moment, but my PS CS3 keeps "freezing". The new LR does not like
>> us
>>cheap CS3 users :-(
>>
>>Alastair
>
> Alastair -
>
> Are you using the beta LR3?  It still seems to have quite a few bugs
> to work out.  Try the layering in LR2.  I only have PSCS3, too.
> You can do the merge to HDR, you can use software like Photomatix, or
> you can export the original and virtual copies as tif files to PS and
> experiment with layering there.
> The software is by far the easiest but you really have to back off
> the effects to get a natural look.  The layering varies with each
> exposure and is harder to control.
>
> Have fun!

Still using LR 2, have toyed with 3, and hoping it will be released in
full soon. I may have fallen behind with Camera Raw. That seems to come up
in the "warning". I'll tinker some more. I really have little idea on
layers, so I bought a book this christmas: another project!!!

happy new year

Alastair

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Layering)
Message from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Au nom de la rose)