Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Lake Titicaca
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:31:30 -0500

> At 05:24 PM 1/1/2010, you wrote:
>
>> I do think, however, that most of the photos could stand a slight
>> bit more processing in the direction of contrast adjustment,
>> especially local contrast (clarity slider in LR) and some output
>> sharpening as all pictures look a bit soft. I realize this might be
>> due to the web software, but a bit of experimentation might be in order.
>>
>>    *            Henning J. Wulff
>
> Thanks, Henning.  These aren't processed at all.  It's all I could do
> to get them edited!  I only converted the DNGs to jpegs - no
> sharpening or anything.  The blog is intended as more of a sketchbook
> instead of a finished product.  Otherwise, it would be several years
> before I get around to finishing them!  Someday when I'm old and
> gray, I'll sit around and work on all of the 4s and 5s from my
> editing.  Wait a minute - I'm old and gray today!!
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley
> www.tinamanley.com

The point comes seemingly early it seems in a productive photographers life
where they could easily hang up the camera and devote the rest of their
decades to post production. Printing. Editing. Signing books. Emailing.

I'm not going to let it happen to me for one the digital thing just makes
for going out and shooting too great and you don't need money to do it. I'm
sure Tina is not racketing back one click.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] IMGS: Lake Titicaca NOW GETTING OLD! :-()