Subject: [Leica] more gf-1 images
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 13:51:40 -0500

one of my favorite things about tri-x was how well it looked if you over
exposed it, even by four or five stops, you could pull something beautiful
and high contrast out of it. this, in my experience, wasn't easily
recreatable in digital and i was always unhappy at how my nikon's dealt with
blown highlights - maybe it's because i never learned to do a proper white
balance. in any event, the gf-1 seems to to a slightly better job in dealing
with over exposure -- i think this is probably about 2 stops over in some
areas and one in most, but it seems pleasing to me.

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2010/gf1-trillian-nyd.jpg

kyle

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] more gf-1 images)