Subject: [Leica] Lumix GF-1 Images & mini-review (very exciting)
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:23:48 -0500

Kyle - Boy, terrific stuff!  Love 'em.  You're going to love the camera,
too, I predict.  I use mine just like a rangefinder.  On single point focus
I just half-press the shutter with the center of the optical finder on what
I want in focus, wait for the buzz to stop, reframe and shoot.  I can do
that faster than I can manually focus an M and get about the same in-focus
success rate in usual room light.

Why focus manually when it so easy and accurate electronically????

I think my pre-order for an X-1 may be in jeopardy.  :-)

The 35 mm Voightlander finder is just about an exact match for the lens,
BTW, and isn't offset like the 40 so you can use the flash if you want.

Is the second shot really at ISO 10,200?  Were you shooting in moonlight?
If so, good grief!!!!  :-)

Regards,

Dick