Subject: [Leica] Snakes
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:54:45 -0500

Matt writes:

"These were taken at the Chicago Herpetological Society's 2009 Reptilefest

in April."

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/mbf4755/ReptileFest+2009>

_ _ _ _ _

Matt,

Nice scary photos. My wife shuddered at the picture of the girl with the
anaconda wrapped around her. Just an aside for New Yorkers - the largest
snake collection in the New York area is in the Staten Island zoo. My niece,
who worked there, told me that when they had too many snakes or when they
got too big, they were taken upstate and released in a state park. The park
was less than a mile from our house. But snakes, as it turns out, are good
house pets. They don't make any noise and don't chase cars. The black snake
living in our basement kept the house free of field mice. The only way we
could tell it was there was by finding a shed skin every spring or catching
a few glimpses of it when it slithered off after we turned on the basement
light. But it wouldn't sit in your lap and purr or wag it's tail when you
came home.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Snakes)