Subject: [Leica] Captions
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:09:29 -0500

> I'm not sure that's always the case.
>
> A few years ago when I was a member of my local photograph society one of
> the members entered a fairly cheesy "glamour' shot of a model in red
> lingerie. The title was "lady in red". The external judge docked a point
> from the photograph since to quote him "she doesn't look like a lady to
> me".
> It was at that point that I decided the world of photographic societies
> wasn't for me.
>
> Steve

The phase  "lady in red" has had many books writing about it and a film "
Public Enemies " out his year with new historical info put a whole new spin
on it. The story of how they got John Dillinger.
Who she was really.
And it was done stupendously by the brilliant Marion Cotillard. Her name
being Billie Frechette.
For a 70 years synonymous with feminine betrayal. Turns out to be baloney.
She was true to her man. The mysterious  "lady in red".
Yea you want to put that on the bottom of a picture you took of a model you
shot who  just happens to be dressed in red.
They  just never see the picture. Certainly not for what it may be in all
subtlety.
They just read the little thing at the bottom, laugh quickly, then walk to
the next one. Read that. Walk to the next one.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Captions)