Subject: [Leica] Captions
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:58:36 -0800

>> ==On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Douglas Barry <imra at iol.ie> wrote:
>>>
>>> "Steve Barbour" <steve.barbour at gmail.com> wrote in response to MR's

>>> Strongly disagree. A caption can add to a picture as well as giving the
>>> who,
>>> what, where.... How the blazes can one "Untitled" picture be remembered
>>> against the visual sea of other "Untitled" pictures.

I occasionally use minimal captions to help ME remember a particular image...

when people use captions for others they often run the risk of trying too
hard ...( comic, ironic, aggrandizing, explaining,
or just plain saying something that's not evident in the photo)

>>> I like captions,

>>> but doctors differ and patients die :-)

they sure do, it's terribly sad, and it's all in the interest of trying to
give best care...

Steve