Subject: [Leica] year end mad dash to spend $$$ or pay taxes on it
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 04:26:58 -0500

2009-12-27-20:57:47 Kyle Cassidy:
> >So pony up for a damn' M9.  It's a very good camera.
>
> I'm sure it is -- but bang-for-the buck, I could get[...]

Or steal an M8 at the current low-low price for a clean used one.  If you
were
considering an Epson RD1...  an M8 is definitely a better camera.  I know,
I've used both.  I mean, I love the RD1's retro analog-gauge-esque styling to
death, but the M8 is nicer to use and makes better pictures.  And costs
around
1/3 what the M9 you should really be buying costs.  And is available now,
before year's end, while I don't know the supply situation for M9s.

There -- problem solved.

 -Jeff M