Subject: [Leica] the desire for a long tele on a p&s
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:25:07 -0500

> Personally, I'd love a 28-50 f 2.8 with nice high iso performance.....
>
> kc

The Surveillance approach is out. The OT lens of the year for a whole lot of
people not shooting Canons  or Leicas is the 14-24 2.8 Nikkor.
They are sending a dozen of them  on the next flight to the MILKY WAY in a
few weeks all on D3s's.
Every day in every way photographer get closer and closer.
with the glass getting wider and wider.
As far as street shooting and PJ stuff goes from the way it looks to me.

not wildlife of course.
For me that means long enough to fit between the bars of the Bronx zoo.

Mark William Rabiner