Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Hallelujah
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Edwin Mason)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 21:03:24 -0800 (PST)

Google "Messiah Sing-In," and you'll get a lot of hits.? Just about every
city, town, and village in the US holds one of these events at Christmas
time -- singers and musicians, young and old, amateur and pro, gather at
Christmas time to sing excerpts from Handel's great oratorio.

At 42 and counting, Charlottesville's is one of the oldest.? (We like to
think that it's the very oldest, but there's no way of knowing.)  A couple
of weeks ago, over 500 singers and a full orchestra -- all volunteers, all
unrehearsed -- showed up at the University of Virginia to celebrate the
music, the season, the community.  And, not incidentally, to have fun.

For years, I played French horn in the orchestra.? Lately, I've been taking
my camera instead of my horn.

This year, I also took along a Zoom H2 and recorded the last number.  It's
the Hallelujah Chorus, of course.  Four minutes and twenty-eight seconds of
joy:

http://johnedwinmason.typepad.com/

Happy and peaceful holidays, everyone.

--John