Subject: [Leica] Merry Christmas - a video from the archives of the Bridge family
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:10:01 -0800

If you are comfortable using Youtube  . . .  I send what is for us a
very special video . .

The song, "Christmas Eve, 1913", was sung by John Denver and the
Muppets in one of their early specials and was a family favorite.  I'd
bet dollars to donuts that it appeared in the special as aired but it
isn't on the DVD version. It is on the CD, however.

For Christmas, 1998, our son Tom asked for the sheet music.  The
search became quite involved, but ultimately Tom's Godmother, my
sister Marilyn, connected me with a sheet music store in Council
Bluffs, Iowa, and the present was wrapped.

For Christmas, 1999, Tom worked with his voice teacher at Denison, and
Martha worked here in Davis.  This video was taken at their only
rehearsal, Dec 23, 1999.  They sang the song for Midnight Mass the
following night.

This year, with Tom's permission, I uploaded the video to YouTube.

I hope you will enjoy it . . . I value this community very greatly.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL6ya-5CjzA>

Adam

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Merry Christmas - a video from the archives of the Bridge family)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] Merry Christmas - a video from the archives of the Bridge family)