Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or don't sweat while using it...
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:58:42 -0800

I think it may also say that  your warranty is international in nature and
that you may send it to any Leica repair facility for the same warranty
coverage......  check it....

Sounds like a communication problem... no one looked up your Warranty to see
what you are entitled to.....

Regardless of Ted's advice, send them a  polite note ( or preferably phone
call) and point out your warranty, and give them a chance to do the right
thing....

If not, do as Ted suggested and hammer them.......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

"If, during the period of cover, any part of the equipment ceases to
function, or functions incorrectly, from whatever cause, including
accidental damage, it will be repaired by Leica Camera Ltd. free of charge."

OK, I sent the camera to Solms and not to Leica UK but it should not matter.

Nathan

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or JUST OFFER SMASHING IT! :-))
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or don't sweat while using it...)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or don't sweat while using it...)