Subject: [Leica] My father-in-law's new "Lens"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 02:36:42 -0500

http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-200-500-Ultra-Telephoto-Nikon-Cameras/dp/B0013DAPN>

> Note the weight (35 lbs) and cost (29K).  I did not hear from him for a few
> days, then he sent me this photo of is NEW LENS.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/Telephoto+Take+2-9.jpg.html
> http://tinyurl.com/y9ey96a
>

> I did not know, even after 35 years of marriage to his daughter, that he
> had
> this sense of humor.  He said it was much cheaper to build his own than buy
> the one I sent him.
>
> Doug, could you use one like this?  I am sure he would build you one, too.
>
> Aram

Just get him a 300 4.5 like we've been talking about on the lug for the past
weeks. An AI from a decade or so back mabe.
He'll need up with something that translates to a 450mm lens and he can
really use.
And won't break the bank.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] My father-in-law's new "Lens")