Subject: [Leica] help! stuck filter!
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:04:50 -0800

Now that makes perfect sense.  I have the same Heliopan thin polarizer, but
on a 35-70.  At times it is bound like it is welded to the lens.  I try and
try and it does not budge.  Then, with a very slight effort it comes of
easily.  It is so thin and so close to the lens my filter wrench does not
even want to grab it.  And working from the front, it just rotates like any
polarizer is suppose to.  So, I would just work at it slowly with mild
pressure and maybe yours will behave like mine and come loose.  I know brass
is not suppose to bind, so the distortion hypothesis makes perfect sense.  I
just always forget and grip harder and twist harder until I remember that a
gentle touch often (not always) works best.

Aram

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] help! stuck filter!)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] help! stuck filter!)