Subject: [Leica] First snow in Hannover - now snow and minus 20 Celsius in Saratoga Springs
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:42:27 -0500

We?ve already had a cumulative 6-8 inches of snow hereabouts and yesterday
early morning the air temperature (not wind chill) was -4F, I think that?s
-19 or -20 C. Fortunately no wind or it would have been tuant. As I write
there is a true blizzard making its way up the Atlantic coast. Washington
D.C. already has more snow than it can handle, and it can?t handle any. I
recall many years ago coming back to my room at the Mayflower Hotel after
dinner, there was really nothing more than a dusting of snow and I looked
out my window and saw automobiles simply out of control on ? inch of snow on
Connecticut Avenue, languidly pirouetting, making graceful arcs in the pale
whiteness, quite incredible. I can?t imagine how the capital is going to
handle this storm.

Seth

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] First snow in Hannover - now snow and minus 20 Celsius in Saratoga Springs)