Subject: [Leica] A tad noncommittal X1 review
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:46:03 -0500

> DPReview have reviewed the Leica XI and while saying it has aspects of a
> silk purse, they are also saying it has the touch of a sow's ear in some
> areas.
> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/LeicaX1/
>
> While I think it's a wonderful looking piece of kit, who's using one here
> and can they comment?
>
> Douglas
> _________

A quick search engine and this guy is reviewing muter cycles and cars and
calling Leica the sole survivor of the once great German photo industry I
was not aware that Zeiss and Schneider-Kreuznach, and Rodenstock are no
longer with us! Rollei despite rumors to the contrary is still here!
Minox lives!
So I'm going to have a grain of salt sitting on my left shoulder when I read
more of this.
He's not sounding like a rangefinder insider.

Mark William Rabiner