Subject: [Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Yahoo)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:32:33 -0800 (PST)

Yes. That's why I asked my question originally.

Bob Adler
Http://www.raflexions.com

On Dec 19, 2009, at 9:29 AM, "Frank Filippone" <red735i at earthlink.net>
wrote:

The M8 sensor, being smaller, has a less oblique angle on rays from the lens
at its edges of the sensor.....thus it is more forgiving of wide angle
non-retrofocus lenses....

OTOH, if you take into account the smaller angle of view, would a 15mm Lens
on the M8 create more or less problems than a 20mm lens on a M9?
If it were the same design, then the problem seems to be the same or
close..... if the designs were different, ( which is what I would guess) the
answer would be only a guess.  You would need to test it to find out.

The answer to the 21 SA on the M9 would be interesting... anyone have a lens
and a M9 to try it out?

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

It was pretty obvious that the Zeiss
21mm f4.5 would be unsuitable for digital

I'm sorry Frank, I don't follow... why is that and does it apply to the
Leica
21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH on the M9....?

Does that apply to use with the appropriate external viewfinder?

thanks, Steve

The glass which has problems seems to be the most non retrofocal.
Those are true compact wides which tend to protrude backwards close to my
heart.
Though I don't know how the 21mm 2.3 Super Angulon performs on the M9.
They said it wound work on the M8
and it did.

Mark William Rabiner