Subject: [Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:17:56 -0500

> Thom Hogan says that the 18mm and 21mm show colour shift:
>
> *Leica*: quite a refreshing story, actually. They listened to M8 customers.
> They looked for exploitable niches. They partnered with other companies
> (Kodak and Adobe, for example) to provide things that they couldn't do on
> their own (sound a bit like ASML in the *Economist* story?). I'll bet that
> they can't build enough M9, X1, or S2 cameras to meet demand in 2010. They
> still have issues they need to correct, though. Too many M mount lenses
> still provoke red/blue shifts across the frame due to the thickness of the
> infrared block filter. That keeps too many people from stepping over to the
> M9, I think. For example, I might consider an M9 with an 18mm or 21mm lens
> for landscapes, especially those I have to do long hikes to. But these
> lenses absolutely seem to provoke the side-to-side color issues, so my
> interest is immediately weakened.
>
> See the whole article at:
>
> http://www.bythom.com/2010predictions.htm
>
> Cheers
> Jayanand

I'd like to know how the introduction of the D3000/D300s/D3s could put nikon
in the "falling" category. What that could possible mean -
And why that's not ridiculous BS!
- and how this guy could possibly be in the position to really know.

These bloggers get really very full of themselves and loose all perspective
as to what their earthly powers really entail.

Leica IS ON A ROLL baby!
As is Nikon!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?)