Subject: [Leica] Levels of critique
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:19:03 -0600

On Dec 17, 2009, at 6:02 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Perhaps the idea being that if our level of criticism is higher
> than the
> level of work presented to it will be higher. Will rise to the
> occasion.
> Perhaps the categories would help but I don't know.
> I love categories. Hate to be put in them.

I've no desire to place you, Mark into any particular category.
;~)
(or anyone else for that matter)

Just thinking out loud about the request for "harsher"
(or, as I read it, more serious critiques).

Can't help wondering,
"What aspects of the image do you want analyzed?
Technical, aesthetic, ideas, the moment chosen, all of them?"

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com