Subject: [Leica] Leica User Forum book - update
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:24:46 -0500

At 12:23 PM 12/12/2009, you wrote:

>I have been tempted to contribute several appropriate photos Steve,
>but very honestly I have some trouble with the donations thing, the
>way it's set up.
>
>I feel strongly that people should donate if they wish to cancer
>causes, and I do... Invite them to donate if they care to.
>
>Clearly people are paying to get their photos published in a book...
>

>Steve

I'm just catching up on my e-mails.  Donating does not get your photo
in the book.  It has to be selected by a panel of judges and, since
there are only 150 pages in the book, I imagine that most of the
submitted photos will not be included.  To me it just seems like a
good way to raise money for a worthy charity.  Our own LUG book
donates a portion of the proceeds to a charity, too.  With the LUF
book you just donate up front.  It's pretty easy the way the website
is set up.  I went and donated because it's a worthwhile charity, but
I don't know if I'll get around to submitting photos.  I have to work
on the LUG ones first!!  Why is everything for every project due at
the end of December!!!!  I have to bake cookies and wrap presents,
too!  For Christmas, I would like a few extra hours in December.

Tina

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Leica User Forum book - update)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Leica User Forum book - update NOW TIME FOR TINA)
Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Leica User Forum book - update)