Subject: [Leica] IMG: Compressor Unit 1986
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:40:26 -0600

My ears still ring from years of exposure, even with hearing protection, to
the sounds of wind tunnel compressor plants that I managed during my working
career.  This is one of the smaller compressors, photographed during a rare
photo op at an "open house" day in 1986.  Like aircraft turbine engines,
these compressors had to undergo periodic inspections.  Since the ducting
was above the compressors, all of it had to be disassembled and removed in
order to remove the top half of the compressor case to inspect the
compressor blades, seals, and bearings.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Compressor+Unit+1986.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols