Subject: [Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:41:23 -0500

> Jeez, I was so glad to see the end of them.  My high school drafting class
> required we use them to ink on vellum.  Getting a clean line with no
> breaks or
> smudges was virtually impossible.  The number of drawings I ruined as I
> attempted to get the last few lines is place is uncountable.  That Senior
> drfating class was a whole year of frustration.  Arghhh!
>
> I would have sold my soul to the devil to get my hands on a Rapidograph.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick

To keep up with the mechanical and architectural drawing programs at New
Trier high school meant you needed to stay after school and hour and a half
every day you were there. It meant when you got home from high school every
day it was dark just in time for dinner. It was a built in extracurricular
activity like going out for wrestling.  And you couldn't do both.
It was the 60's I learned with drawing pens I got pretty good at it. Even my
lettering was pretty good. It took lots of extra hours. But like anything
its not "talent" which was the issue its just putting in the hours.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy)