Subject: [Leica] IMG: Silk Purse
From: durling at cox.net (durling at cox.net)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:50:56 -0500

Doug,

Its interesting that the first one looked fine until I saw the final and
compared them.  At first I attributed this to never having seen a Western
Bluebird, but the final really is better.

I am not skilled in it myself, but I have seen people do sexy things by
converting to LAB color mode and then adjusting the levels sliders.  Also
there seems to be some masking advantage in using that mode.  This was in
an online class that was teaching CS3.  Unfortunately I never made use of
it so I don't remember the details, but it worked on images like this.

Mike Durling