Subject: [Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:51:58 -0500 (EST)

George Lottermoser wrote:

>I'm also teaching black smiths
>how to photograph their metal work;
>through articles in their print magazine,
>The Anvil's Ring,
>and at a seminar in the spring of 2010.
>My hope is that they'll realize that
>to achieve the finest quality will require
>a significant investment in quality tools and time;
>which may be better spent on producing their metal work.

George I believe that in time this will be part of the up side.  Along with
teaching in-house skills you can illustrate how much it work takes to
produce top-quality results.  Not all in-house staff (I bet very few) will
be willing to put that much work into the photos.  You can show them that
superior results are possible and that you can deliver those results.  Some
day they will need your superior photos.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] NYTimes.com: The Do-It-Yourself Economy)