Subject: [Leica] Panoramic Photo
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:48:58 -0500

At 10:10 AM 12/13/2009, you wrote:

>I wonder if anyone spend a few days or weeks wondering up and down
>the same street with a (beater) camera on a tripod taking a picture
>every meter or so will soon disappear because people will get use to
>him/her? Tina, you said yourself that you make yourself disappear
>with the families in Central America you photograph by living with
>them, always have a camera and always taking pictures. Is this just
>not an extension of the same technique?
>
>Regards,
>Spencer

Yes, but sitting quietly in a corner in someone's house is very
different from being out in public.  I've never been on a street in a
developing country when I was not completely surrounded by kids
wanting me to take their photo.  It doesn't matter how long you're
there or how many times you come back, there are always new kids or
kids who bring their brother or sister or friend to see this crazy
foreigner taking photos of ordinary people.  As long as you are
moving or taking photos they'll be there, jumping and waving in front
of the camera.  If you sit quietly on a bench or the curb and don't
move or take photos, eventually they will get bored and start to
play, but if they notice that you've moved the camera to your eye,
they'll be back in front of it again.  Believe me, I've been there
and done that too many times to count!!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com