Subject: [Leica] Mac on a netbook
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 09:59:19 -0500

The most expensive component on a laptop is the screen. A cracked screen on
a laptop more than 1 year old (and out of warranty) means buying a new
laptop. I had an 15" LCD screen replaced under warranty. The cost of
replacement out of warranty was about $1200.

The original netbooks were cheap because the screen came from (cheap)
portable DVD players. Newer netbooks have better screens but don't expect
miracles. The netbooks are inexpensive for a reason.

Regards,
Spencer

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Mac on a netbook)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Mac on a netbook)