Subject: [Leica] Kodak discontinues some chemicals
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:28:22 -0500

> Indeed - chemistry in particular is very easy to DIY.  Making Xtol
> isn't so easy, but most everything else is no harder than following a
> recipe.
>
> Marty

People just ad a tab of ascorbic acid to their D76 1:1 and they do fine from
all I hear. Maybe even better. You can even use powdered ascorbic acid of
some sort you might not get from a vitamin store but a chemical place.
Xtol has Phenidone the D76  is Elon or Metol more poisonous but all in all a
much sharper and better silver reducer than Phenidone.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Kodak discontinues some chemicals)