Subject: [Leica] Lisa
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:57:11 -0500

Ric Carter asked:

wouldn't you love to have that Lisa back?

- - - - -

"Apple lent me a Lisa computer

which ran the Mac's software. The Lisa sits on the desk behind me in this

1985 photo. No comments about the fact that I needed to lose weight."

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Me+in+my+office+at+CUNY.jpg.html

Actually no. Apart from the fact that it was reliable and heavy as a Mack
truck, it offered few advantages over the the Mac 512 except for the 12"
screen and was infinitely inferior to the Mac SE30. At the end of two years
I called Apple and asked when they wanted the Lisa back. The simple answer
was that they didn't want it back at all. I could dump it in the trash as
far as they were concerned. Most of the Lisa computers still in warehouses
and in dealer's inventory were collected and ended up in a landfill.
Although better than any PC at the time, the Lisa was a computer dinosaur.
Still, it made for a good conversation piece.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Lisa)