Subject: [Leica] A Tribute to Oolong, and Nocti wannabe
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:57:39 -0800

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Peter Klein <pklein at threshinc.com> wrote:
> Nice shot, Richard. ?Next, how about a pancake? ?:-)

I can haz pancake!

> But seriously... Have you checked the 50/1.1 Nokton for focus shift on your
> M8. ?Very easy to do, just a couple of minutes on a tripod. ?Focus on a
> ruler, yardstick or focus target at 45 degrees and about 2 meters away.
> ?Take a shot at f/1.1, then without refocusing, do a series of all the
> click
> stops down to f/8 or f/11.

Wait a minute, is that what focus shift is? Why would anyone care
:-)??? Don't people focus on the aperture they use?

I will test it when I have a chance, but honestly, this sounds like a
non-issue?

> I'm very interested in this lens, but I'm not seeing any information about
> focus shift a the digital Ms. ?I know Tom A loves it, but he shoots film,
> which "forgives" focus shift significantly. ?I would be less interested in
> lens that I can only use confidently wide open and at f/8.

But from your description, it sounds like if you "re-focus," then
there's no issue right?

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: