Subject: [Leica] Super-Wide suggestions
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 14:36:07 -0500

> Depends on the job, I'd rather have a 20 glued to one D3, but that's just
> me.
>
> Chris

The 20mm lens is a blazingly mediocre example of nikon optics.
Sure it does the job.
On a nikon I'd rather shoot with a Sigma 20mm F1.8 EX DG ASPHERICAL RF  than
a nikon 20
http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3280&navigator=4

" The use of aspherical lens elements in both of the front and rear lens
groups effectively compensates for distortion, spherical aberration and
astigmatism."

$519.00

A gorgeous lens. I like the look of it. Great rubber.
Has all kinds of cool features to justify not getting a Nikkor lens for a
nikon.
Focuses real close.
 F1.8 and be there.
And its cheap as hell.

The 9-bladed iris diaphragm obtains beautiful out of focus image
characteristics.

Its Filter Size is a 82mm Pioneer platter!
Room for lots of pot roast and plenty of gravy!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Super-Wide suggestions)