Subject: [Leica] the ubiquity of the iLeica & the future of photography
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:20:43 -0500

Kyle,

This can be done with most cameras today by using a combo wifi/SD memory
card made by the likes of Eye-Fi. 3G/4G data SD cards will likely appear in
the not too distant future. This would allow anyone to post any photo taken
immediately (with better quality that the camera in the iPhone :)

In our rush to satisfy the urge (and the commercial drive) for instant
gratification, we are forsaking the opportunity for 2nd thought and to edit
our works. Is this truly a good thing? This period for 2nd thought has
gotten progressively shorter since the day, if not before, of the Gutenberg
press. It will soon approach 0.

At this rate of technological change, (note I did not say progress) there
will soon be eye camera implants which will show everything you see
instantaneously. I am reminded of several science fiction novels which I've
read over the years which postulates that one day, people will be able to
sell their sensory experiences in real time. A voyeur's idea of heaven for
sure.

Regards,
Spencer