Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Thanksgiving Image
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:02:51 -0800

Jim Nichols showed:

>I find that Thanksgiving gatherings are for grownups.  Children often get
>bored.  This was just another opportunity to grab a shot of one of my
>great-granddaughters.
>  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Let+Me+Down.jpg.html<<,,

Hi Jim,
Nothing wrong with that family moment. These simple "un-aware her picture is
being taken" are the mainstay of a family record during their lives.

This has far more real life meaning to it than the ... "Look at grandpa and
smile!" same old photos we see so often!

When she is older, as in  a mature woman it's these kind of pictures they
enjoy seeing far more than all the Portrait sitting photos taken over the
years.

Our two daughters when we get to see them bring up something of a photo I
took 40 years ago when they were little bitty things.

Don't lose this one as it's one to cherish for it's simplicity.
cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Another Thanksgiving Image)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Another Thanksgiving Image)