Subject: [Leica] IMG : Angels - 10 -Ted
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:54:12 +0100 (CET)

Thank you dear Ted,
mon Ami from over the pond,
if I dared so, I'd add : ' you're an angel'
?(wink)

As you rightly sensed it, it was quite a difficult exercise for me, due to
-? time being short, quite, not so short in absolute terms,
- the environment - some of them are perched, others are on private
property, against a wall, etc.
- my desire to seize somewhat,? somehow, something of them as 'persons'?
i.e. shooting portraits ; each one I think had a personality of its own in
spite of them being all look alikes , and I wanted to convey that, on top of
their locations.

The 'what ifs' you mentioned I think I had, probably different from another
photog's? - or? clicker's, in my case.

Now I enjoyed the self challenge and shoot, and enjoy sharing them, and
apparently some of you seem to take some pleasure at discovering the series.
This also is my conception of photography.

IMPORTANT : Alice was my accomplice in the challenge, and we'll be back
there at Christmas time.
I hope there will be some snow to bring some novelty.

Now, a fellow lister pointed me to a poem by? Wordsworth about angels,
Engelberg and its lovely train of clouds and choo-choo train.
I have snaps at home which I will post along the next angels.

Till then, please dear Ted, stay on the watch as an Angel, but a terrestrial
one, made of flesh and blood,? who clicks for our pleasure and turns into a
real Grinch for the benefit of all.

Thank you again Dr Ted

Amiti?s
Philippe

?Message?du?27/11/09?15:58
?De?:?tedgrant at shaw.ca
?A?:?leicareflex at freelists.org
?Copie???:?
?Objet?:?[LRflex]?Re:?IMG?:?Angels?-?10
?philippe.amard showed:
Subject: [LRflex] IMG : Angels - 10

> Here's #10, shot in a downing street.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Angels/Engelberg-Angels-10-1140277.jpg.html

Bon jour Philippe,

Angels? :-) Love them as you add to the series. I look each day and they
make me ask myself: "I wonder what it would look like from the other side, a
different angle or lighting, time of day?" Not as a question of your
selection, but as a photographic exercise in seeing.

I'm sure each has many angles to shoot and selecting yours' of choice must
be a challenge. Overall a wonderful project to work on and subject to look
for rather than the usual aimless wanderings seaking subjects.

When we give ourselves a theme to shoot it makes the walk about outing far
more interesting, not to say sometimes a major effort to stay within the
theme.
You have an interesting set of images which creates a curiousity each day to
see the next Angel! :-) Certainly without going to heaven for a look! ;-)

Merci,
Dr. ted

Thank you

------