Subject: [Leica] LR-based website creation
From: hartzell at alerce.com (George Hartzell)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:03:41 -0800

K Landdeck writes:
 > I'm looking to put up a photo website (finally) and am looking for
 > something easy (never worked with html before) that will give a
 > polished result without too much labor.
 >
 > I've scouted around and one option is to use some third-party LR
 > templates instead of learning a whole new app (i.e., iWeb or
 > RapidWeaver) and having to export images into it.  The plugins by
 > Matthew Campagna (The Turning Gate), particularly his Highslide
 > Galleries and The Pages, look very promising to me:
 > http://lightroom.theturninggate.net/
 >
 > Thought I'd ask if anyone on LUG has any experience with these (or
 > other LR plugins/templates).

I've use the Highslide templates and they're useful enough right out
of the box.

I used it for my shots from the Golden Gate Raptor Observatory 25th
anniversary:

  http://shrimp.alerce.com/GGRO25/

All in all I'm a happy user.

I believe that they also have some tools for building pages one layer
above your actual photo galleries (index pages, intro, etc...).

g.