Subject: [Leica] Thought question re antialiasing
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:57:49 -0500

On Thu 19, Nov'09 at 10:37 PM -0500, Dante Stella wrote:
> They do span more than one pixel - that's why they're called offset.  And
> that is why I asked.

Ahh, I wasn't aware that they did that.  I interpreted the offset
microlenses as not being centered directly over a pixel, but still funneling
in light into just one pixel.  Thus, enabling light to come in at more
oblique angles and still be captured.  I drew an ascii diagram, but I'm sure
most everyone's mail client will mangle it, unless you have monospaced
fonts.

-------
\     |
  \    | <- offset lens