Subject: [Leica] Lou Reed, now Salgado...
From: csemetko at gmail.com (Craig Semetko)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 06:54:31 -0800

Now I'm referencing it, Richard:)

In the blog you say:

However, he still uses it like in the film days: his assistant makes
contact sheets for him, and his camera is modified to give the same
645 ratio he is used to. He also has the images processed to look like
Tri-X. For prints, a lab  converts the data into a 645 negative and
prints using traditional darkroom process!

Did he say how he has the digital files processed to look like Tri-X?
Is is assistant using a certain software program? I know there are a
number of programs out there for this; I'm wondering which one or what
process replicates Tri-X accurately enough to his liking.

TIA,

Cheers,

Craig

Replies: Reply from bamboozld at gmail.com (K Landdeck) ([Leica] Lou Reed, now Salgado...)