Subject: [Leica] THE STORY! THE PICTURE! :-) this is such a great shot of dr ted.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:18:43 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "leo wesson" <leowesson at gmail.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:53 AM
Subject: [Leica] this is such a great shot of dr ted.

> http://www.pbase.com/kididdoc/image/118032154

The true story of 2 old time fighter pilots! Never before told! You've heard
it & seen it here for the first time of their great heroics while battling
high in the sky! :-)

It was a nice sunny day over Europe as Group Captain Douglas Sharp and
myself,  Lt. Commander Ted Grant, were hunting the sky for friends and foe!
Suddenly we found ourselves out gunned by a squadron of foe 109's who were
hell bent to put an end to our pleasant sky cruising not really looking for
trouble.

It appeared it surely was going to be our end! :-( We gave the Thumbs up,
smiled, rolled over into  steep dives in our trusty P-51 fighters!
WHEN!!!!!!!!!

"TALLY HO CHAPS!" through our head set!! We both re-acted similarly as we
found our selves in a form of "Hollywood-Photoshop time warp" as only could
be created by the special effects of MGM! :-) Or Paramount Studios... your
choice! ;-)
But there they were high above us, the screaming jet engines of the infamous
British Royal Air Force "Red Arrows" to the rescue! :-) See in Hollywood you
can do anything! ;-)

It was all over in a matter of minutes as the Red Arrows "dispatched the foe
illusions in a second!"
I knew I hadn't used my parachute as I thumped to the floor realizing I fell
out of bed! Damn!
One single malt toooo many! ;-) However much better than a for real "Crash &
Burn!" ;-)

The truth? Yes I took my own digi-photo during a flight in a P51 fighter to
celebrate my 76th birthday day! ;-)  Why not, I'd always wanted to do it so
I figured I should before I got too old! :-)

The Red Arrows are courtesy of the supreme Photoshop talents of "Group
Captain" ;-) Douglas Sharp who put it all together. :-) Thanks Group
Captain! :-)

So there you go eh? A one time ever story of the daring dynamic flying duo!
Who survived to fly another day! ;-) Watch yer screen! :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted. :-)  AKA.... Lt. Commander Ted Grant :-) :-)

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] THE STORY! THE PICTURE! :-) this is such a great shot of dr ted.)