Subject: [Leica] Red dot
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 05:15:31 -0500

> And did you abrade first both surfaces  with diamond sandpaper?
>
> Mark William Rabiner
>

> - - - - - -
>
> I'm glad you reminded everybody. It MUST be diamond sandpaper for the
> Leica.
> Ordinary silicon sandpaper just won't do.
>
> Larry Z

Diamond sandpaper came up off the top of my head! I thought I'd made it up.
But just for the heck of it I search engined it. Command shift L; sure nuff;
it exists! I think you can buy it at Walmart. I've never seen it. Or I would
have.  I love sandpaper. Not that I've been in a Walmart for 3 years.

I am serous about abrading surfaces to be glued though. You get a surface
which which is like glass and how's the glue supposed to work? It needs
little crevices to grab onto.  Texture. I read this once I'm sure.
And a quick abrasive swipe will get a slick film residue off the surface of
whatever you're gluing as well. While it adds precious texture.

The other thing about gluing is pressure.
But I don't think it much applies to A&B.
But on other stuff pressure can turn cheap acting glue into killer really
good acting glue.
Clamps
Rubber bands.
Gravity
Glue helper.

My name is Mark William Rabiner and I glue things. Very seriously.