Subject: [Leica] Bryce Canyon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 03:27:34 -0500

> Unless computers die out, I can imagine my digital files being -much- more
> accessible than my prints, given the lifestyle of my children and
> grandchildren. My son already has copies of many of my files.
> Non-electronically accessible items, be they letters or prints, will be the
> lost items. Only older people like my Mother and I are nostalgic for
> prints.
> Frank
>
> On 16 Nov, 2009, at 02:06, Bob Adler wrote:
>
>> I wonder where our digital files will be in 25 years. My guess is that
>> very
>> few of us will be able to find and review them, much less have our family
>> members casually browse through them after we're gone.

I agree Frank and this issue has come up on the LUG three times a year for a
decade and gets resolved every time.  Its like Groundhog Day "I got you babe
-  but my captures are going to disappear!" I'd recommend those with qualms
about the  viability of digital photography print out the LUG archives and
wall paper your bedroom with them .
And get a yellow highlighter pen And some scotch guard.
And cheer up!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Bryce Canyon)