Subject: [Leica] Scanning problems—help needed!
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 13:09:19 -0800

ICE only works for non-B&W and non-Kodachrome. Are you per chance
using Kodachrome.

Otherwise, I do rely on it for scanning slides and it never gives me
the bad artifacts as you have there. I have tried it without ICE and
the resolution gain is very minor but the dirt gain is great!

As for scanning software, try Vuescan. It's much improved in the
latest version and generally speaking, works much better most vendors'
software.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: