Subject: [Leica] S2 test
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 07:58:18 -0500

> I don't think many of these 210mm lenses got sold... OTOH I find long
> lenses
> great for landscapes. I have seen so many dull, dull, dull landscapes
> using WA
> lenses and massive foreground dullness.
> WA lenses are still horrid for people, even if current fashion may be
> different in some places. WA is OK for architecture when you can't get far
> enough away. Or for special effects fun.
> IMO
> Frank
> On 14 Nov, 2009, at 09:25, Mark Rabiner wrote:

Well crossing over here from the west coast on the road I did get some use
from a 300mm  4.5 with an effective focal length of 450 and I could not
believe how effective the results were. Not that I'd take the thing hiking I
used it after pulling over the side of the road.
http://rabinergroup.com/EastWest/images/EW060616_173207.jpg

Jean loup Sieff did glamour shots of gals with a 21mm 3.4 SA and won the
Leica award every year for them. I could never get a nice fashion or glamour
shot with a wide.
http://www.thegalerii.com/Photographs/Sieff/Sieff02.jpg

On my Facebook thing right now my shot of myself was done with it. The 300.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] S2 test)