Subject: [Leica] FS: Canon 5D, M2, LX 3 other items
From: benmarks2005 at gmail.com (Benjamin Marks)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:12:33 -0500

Happy Friday.   Time to sell instead of buy.

Leitz Summicron 50/2 Rigid s/n 1403821.  Glass in good condition; but full
disclosure:  ordinarily the front half (optical group) and the rear
(focusing helicoid) unscrew.  For whatever reason on this lens, that is not
possible.   I sent it to Sherry K. for a CLA and disassembly when I bought
it, but she was not able to separate the lens halves either.  So consider it
fused, although she did clean it up, to the extent she could.  It is a
well-performing lens.  If you have always wanted to try a Leica lens of this
era, this is a chance to without going broke. Price: $250

Konica 50mm f:2 M-Hexanon.  Another lens with an issue.  Glass: great.
Functions perfectly. BUT:  I bought this lens off an RFFer who neglected to
mention that parts of the lens are fused with epoxy.   My theory is that the
lens?s focus was adjusted and then locked down by a prior owner.  Don?t get
me wrong, the lens works great.  Only trick is:  you won?t be doing any more
fine adjustments to it.  These lenses seem to be going for around $400  -
first I?ll take it at $300.

Leica M2, button rewind s/n 936272.  Recently CLA?d and shutter curtains
replaced by Sherry K.  Camera is in good shape ? but it is for a user, not a
collector. Rangefinder is bright, clear and accurate Bright marks on the
base (from a prior owner?s case, I think), some missing paint on the back
door.  $675.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3.  Silver. Charger, manual, software, box ? the whole
kit and kaboodle.  Screen has had a plastic protector on it since purchase.
The camera functions like a champ. $450 and I?ll throw in an SD card of a
capacity to be determined.

Canon 5D, original model, original firmware.  Charger, box, extra
battery.  Fairly
intermittent use and no use really since I bought the Nikon D3.  Ex
condition. Camera: $1150; 50/1.4, caps & original hood, & UV filter.   Glass
great.  Sells new at about $399.   $350 for this one; $300 if you take the
camera too.  35/2, caps & original hood. Glass great.  The ?beauty ring? on
this one has popped off in the past when attaching the hood.  Not an issue
in normal use.  Sells for $319; $250 for this one, $200 with the
camera.   Canon
EOS-Nikon F adapter.  $150.  Canon EOS-Leica R adapter.  $150.  Canon
EOS-Pentax thread mount adapter. $50.  Will only sell adapters if the 5D
sells.  Take an extra $10 off each if you buy the camera too.

135/4.5 Hektor.  Coating marks, internal element marked.  KEH has one for
$72.  Take this one for $50.

135/2.8 Elmarit w/?eyes?  Glass great.  $450.

Replies: Reply from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] FS: Canon 5D, M2, LX 3 other items)