Subject: [Leica] Delkin Dual Charger for M8/M9
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:38:26 -0500

One of these arrived yesterday from Delkin Devices (www.delkindevices.com
).  I finally broke down and bought this, having one too many times
gotten frustrated with charging one battery at a time.

The Delkin Dual Universal Charger takes two (or more) batteries at
once, and the interchangeable plates let you mix and match battery
types (4 x NiMH AA and a variety of Li-Ion batteries, including the
D700 battery).  It charges both sides simulanteously (normal charging
time for one battery) and has a display for 25, 50, 75, and 95% full
(when fully charged, the LEDs turn off).  It seems to work very well.
The unit does 120/220V and also runs on 12V DC from a car.

This, I think, is a great solution - because you can use one battery
while charging two spares.  Or with three of these units and six
plates, you could be charging *six* M8/M9 batteries at the same time
where you would be doing one with a standard Leica brick at the same
price.

The unit with two Leica M8 plates runs about $50.  Extra plates are $5
pair for the M8 and D700.

This is a well-thought out product that has applications beyond the
Leica M8.  I'll post a more detailed description on my site in the
next week or so.

Dante

NO ARCHIVE

Dante Stella